Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Contradiction

I wish I could explain myself,

But I’m most certainly uncertain

I’ve got all the answers in me

Just wish I could ascertain them


It makes me that introverted extrovert

The kind that says what he’s not thinking

I want company to calm my fears

But despise it when it appears


Don’t ask me to pick a side

They both look good to me

For even if I was over there,

Here is where I’d also want to be


I don’t like any one feeling

I can love you and hate you too

I know exactly what you’re thinking

But I also only think I do


My only friend is doubt

And he’s undoubtedly my enemy

I’d find somebody else

But I don’t trust that they’d trust me


I’m fighting a cognitive dissonance

I’m pulled in two directions at once

I’m fighting on all fronts

And I think I’m almost done for

No comments: