Monday, August 15, 2011

Ignorance & Bliss


He can’t get back what he’s clearly missed
He couldn’t accept being another tourist
He didn’t comprehend why it was him she kissed
Just another on the rocks with a citrus twist

He looked out at the ocean that once was empty
The tears of his fathers did fill that sea
They cried out “Why God, must it be?”
Just another knot in his family tree

He never was quite like other men
He was always looking back on “then”
He would quietly search for a state of Zen
Just another dying from lack of oxygen

He was a badass of sorts; jack of all trades
What he didn’t have inside he had outside in spades
He never thought his flagrancy would ever fade
Just another degenerate who should’ve decayed

So many things they wanted, so few they really needed
Yet all of them gave in, and none of them conceded
That they were flawed inside and they were being cheated
By the things they thought they wanted; by the lives they thought they needed

I know why I hate them, and can clearly see
That I’m not about to make it all about money
I’ll bide my time as their empires fall into the sea
As one full soul looking out at the empty

I’ll stand by the horizon and look out at the abyss
I’ll observe the passing time and the way they miss
I’ll keep hating the way they judge and how they’re so quick to dismiss
As one who isn’t ignorant but still able to find bliss

No comments: