Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leon's Diary II


8/3/20XX
            Hello future self, I hope that you are reading this in comfort. I’m writing to you because my friends here have told me that I might enjoy writing.  I told them that I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but then here I am writing for the first time and finding so much pleasure in it.
I couldn’t be happier today.  Why, you ask?  Because today is my birthday!! I was given tremendous gifts by all of my friends here and on top of it all I was allowed to have a slice of carrot cake, my favorite!! One of the gifts was a teddy bear the size of a small child.  Even though it is missing its left leg, I love it the same as any other bear and I’ve decided to name her April.  I’ve always liked that name. 
            Aside from my birthday I have been enjoying my days here at the Castle.  Kind of an odd name for a facility such as this, but I don’t mind.  I love all of my friends and they most certainly love me.  They say that I am very well behaved with never an incident, which they like. 
            Tomorrow they say we are going to the beach, and I can’t wait because I’ve never been to the beach.  I’ve already packed my towel and my beach hat, and my swim trunks are on the dresser across the room.  Of course April will be coming too, because she hasn’t been to the beach before either. 
            Life in the Castle is wonderful, and yesterday I saw myself at the age of 99 still here.  I was taking my last breaths as Paul, one of the former interns who had been here for years by that point, held my hand as I died.  Peacefully and with no fear I passed on.
The Castle got a few new visitors today, and I am very excited about that.  I am not, however, allowed to see them or talk to them and they were taken to their rooms immediately.  I was told they were pretty tired, but considering I never actually saw them, I can’t say for sure if they were or not.  Maybe tomorrow I will ask my friends if I can make my introductions and we can all be friends
            Well, I think I’m going to go to bed now and try to get some sleep.  I doubt I will however as I am far too excited about the beach tomorrow.

Goodnight.


8/5/20XX
           
HELLO FUTURE LEON!!

By now I’m sure you’re aware that we never did go to the beach yesterday, but that’s okay.  April seemed pretty upset, but then again, she could still be mad at the fact that she has to hobble around everywhere, on account of her missing leg. 
I feel as though I should mention what happened this morning though, seeing as how I was awoken at around 7:00 AM to a loud crash outside my room.  I opened the door, but the hallway was empty.  Walking out into the hall and into the grand room, that’s what everybody here calls it; I saw that the window had been shattered.  Stepping closer, there was a breeze coming in that was cold.  Looking around, there was still no one, but still the window was broken and I assumed the glass had all fallen out and to the ground many stories below.  It was at that time that I was tackled, and fell to the floor. Wrestling myself around to face my assailant, I noticed a young man, maybe 25 or so.  He held me down and wouldn’t stop shouting and yelling at me.  He kept asking ‘Where did she go?’ in a very frantic voice.  Where did she go? Have you seen her?  What did you do to her?  I was stunned and couldn’t speak.  He wanted answers from me but I couldn’t muster up the words to say anything.  Mostly because he kept cutting me off and the fact that he was chocking me.  I finally pushed him off me and asked him who, who was he looking for?  He didn’t answer though; he just kept shouting the same things over and over.  I told him politely to calm down, and that my name was Leon, but he wouldn’t listen.  I was having quite a challenge in dealing with this young man, but then my friends showed up.  It was at this point that the young man froze and stared them down as if unable to move.  My friends stood still too, as if they were trying not to scare him.  They crept slowly forward like they had found a bunny that they just wanted to try and pet, and he stood rigid to the floor, unmoving.  Then all of a sudden my friends rushed towards him.  The young man yelled out ‘NO! Not without her!’ and, after looking around the room in a split second, proceeded to jump out the broken window I mentioned before. 
I had never seen anything like it; he fell into the foggy clouds below and disappeared in a poof.  I wish April could have seen it, but sadly she was still sleeping. My friends just stopped and helped me up and made sure I was okay.  They’re so nice sometimes.  Saul, one of the young interns, helped me up and asked if I had enjoyed the new visitors. I guess that young man was one of the visitors they brought to the Castle yesterday… a pity I never got to meet him.  Oh well, he seemed a bit too rowdy for my tastes anyways.  Not someone you would likely be able to sit and play Go Fish with… or at least not for very long.  
            Such an excitable day today, and other than that, things were relatively quiet.  I sat in the grand room and watched my friends clean up and replace the broken window.  I offered to help, but they assured me they could manage.   
I grow tired of writing this evening, and so I will bid you adieu, future self.  Hopefully no one will be jumping into the clouds below tomorrow. 

Goodnight.   









P.S. I must remember to read the piece of paper I found sticking out of my mattress recently.  With all the commotion today I completely forgot. I don’t recognize the handwriting on it though.  Maybe April has taken up writing as well seeing as how she can’t go anywhere, what with her missing leg… I should probably be nicer to her; she is such a cute little bear. 

            Goodnight again!

No comments: