Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Youth to Truth

It started one day when I was young

That I was taught how things ought be done

And through my youth I followed foot

I played by the rules and was mostly good



And everything seemed right

And everything made sense

And everything put before me

Was never mentally intense



It started one day when my youth did age

I suddenly felt I wasn’t on the same page

Out of the loop that never circled around

The only item in the lost and found



And everything seemed right to me

And some things happened to make sense

And everything put before me

Was just a little bit more dense



It started one day when I was educated

That everything I did exacerbated

The state of my mind I thought was my own

And suddenly I felt more psychologically alone



And everything seemed wrong

And every thought led to another

And everything put before me

Seemed to drown me while I sank under



It started today when I was me

That the things I did and thought weren’t free

Crushed by other’s advice and social stigmas

My interactions with life, to me, an enigma



And everything seemed upside down

And being in love was like trying not to drown

And everything put before me

Was a collection of things I could no longer bare to see.



It will start one day when I have aged

That I will wait on this empty stage

For you to come and entertain

The idea that we no longer need their pain



And everything will stop

And I’ll just take your hand

And everything put before me

I will finally understand

No comments: