Saturday, March 05, 2011

Lore


I saw something last night I’ve never seen before
Witnessed events only referenced in lore
The eyes of a seductress piercing through my skin
And I bled out on the floor, and watched her go in
Filled up my veins and coursed straight to my heart
Beats were skipped at a potential new start
I lay there unconscious, I must have been dreaming
As she flowed past my heart with a force that was teaming
She entered my head and made herself a comfortable place
Made sure if I didn’t have her, I’d at least remember her face
She swirled around in my brain, attacking my senses
I continued losing pints while she assailed my defenses
Lying on the floor, the room going black
I knew at this point there was no going back
I struggled a bit with the hopes of keeping my norms
But her intriguing nature found me in swarms
It pinned me down and danced circles around my ears
Helpless to move, but with no abundance of fears
A part of me was fighting. Dying? Maturing?
As my eyes closed and I prayed that this might be a sure thing
Completely devoid of the self I used to know
I laid back and made peace with the way things needed to go
The lights disappeared, and time grew short
And my body was unwilling to find a way to retort
But in that moment, a bright light appeared
A warmth surrounded me and quelled what I feared
I was coming back to life, but not the life I new before
A looming security that insured peace filled my core
My eyes started to open; where I was I did not know
But a feeling grabbed my limbs and wouldn’t let go
I looked up to see her face, in a sea of mediocrity
All voices but hers faded, as she only spoke to me
I listened in a daze, and about everything, I was unsure
Uneasily, I remain confident, because I know that I want her…

No comments: