Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nothing Left To Say...


Slaloming through street signs past a “No right turn”
But I’m going forward so it’s not my concern
Finally to a point where I’m able to discern
That holding a flame doesn’t mean I have to get burned

Just wanted to punch through a flawless mirror
Shattered bones and glass, but at least it’d be clear
Clear that I’m flattered to be no longer standing here
Waiting for you to come and sweep up my fear

Drove my car off the road, or so I was told
The heat of my mistakes kept me warm in the cold
I don’t want to forget them when I grow old
Don’t want to whiteout what ought to be bold

So what if nothing happens? I’ve still got a story
Yes or no, there’s no reason to worry
A shooting star that I missed, went away in a hurry
Her glow keeps me chasing, though my vision is blurry

Stood up for sitting down, then rested my eyes
Noticed she was looking back; a welcome surprise
This damn repetition will be my ultimate demise
And she ought to know that I no longer want to disguise

Disguise, mask, and overlook that undermining thought
The one telling me I am what I’m pretty sure I’m not
It’s just a bunch of name calling, between the kettle and the pot
And I can’t help that she’s got me bothered and hot

That last post was a visit from an intoxicated me
Up awake writing at a half past three
Tired of the things that I can’t do as me
Convinced by the booze that it’ll never be

The stars couldn’t tell me that she saw my way
And the wind could drum up a perfect day
But that night when I left, there was a sense of dismay
And since then I’m still finding the words I’m trying to say

To those looking up: I’m taking a breather
The words aren’t coming like they used to either
I’m not feeling depressed? I’ve lost my leisure?
It could be both; it could be neither.

One day soon you’ll all know what’s true
And I might return to comment on what I went through
In the meantime I’ve appreciated the readers, albeit a few
It’s time to move on though, and so I bid you adieu… 

No comments: