Sunday, December 06, 2009

Are You?

There’s no way out,

But would you have it any other way?

You’re locked in without a key

And you forgot long ago what to say


Keep chasing that tail

That girl is just out of your reach

Shut up and practice what you preach

While your thoughts run faster than your speech


Are you trapped? Are you afraid?

Are you lonely? Are you safe?

Are you false? Are you true?

Are you trapped? Are you, you?


There’s no sleep now

Just dreams of what you wish didn’t make you sad

You’re missing what was never really yours

Trying to get back what you never really had


So I guess what I’m trying to say

Is have a nice life and don’t get caught in the crossfire

Cut your love losses

And prepare to be undesired


Are you trapped? Are you afraid?

Are you wishing? Are you praying?

Are you love? Are you lust?

Are you trapped? Will I adjust?


And here she comes like a ton of bricks

To pin me down with lures of “quick fix”

And here it comes like a slap in the face

To help misdirect and keep me out of place

And there she goes on a wing and a prayer

To walk away from my every care

And there it goes the thrill of the chase

To help realign and keep me in place


One day son, she’ll be at your door

And one day son, there’ll be no need for any more

Pick yourself up and stop writing about it

No one gives a shit now; no one did before


Spice and sugar and everything together

And I guess what I’m trying to say is it could be better

To each his own, but to all alone

You’re only happy when life is sans laughter


Are you trapped? Are you afraid?

Are you the reason that I stayed?

Are you leaving? Are you staying?

Are you listening, to what I’m saying?

Are you finished? Are you done?

Am I imagining that there could be one?

No comments: