Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Remembering To Forget

How did you know what I was going to say?

They were just my thoughts from years ago

I had yet to put them on any page

But somehow you knew them, you always know…


Do I know you? I swear we’ve met before

You say you don’t remember but I swear it’s true

I looked left, then right, then left again

I grew tired of looking and then I saw you…


One by one they’re said and done

Thrown away without a word to say

Two by two they pass by you

Blown away by what you think they say


Use a line and try to lure them in

Lie about secrets you keep within

“I swear I’ll do anything to make this work.”

They lie through their teeth those f—— jerks


You can pick me up at a half past seven

They’ll give you hell, but you’ll think it’s heaven

Used and abused thrown off to the side

You’re just happy to be along for the ride


Does anyone know what the hell I should write here?!

Caught up in the then, they’re no longer right there

Good things happen to those who take them

So get off your ass, this isn’t an ultimatum!


I see you fix your hair and wonder:

Are you vain or insecure?

I see you feign interest and wonder:

Are you here and is you heart pure?


And you can laugh like he said something humorous

But you know damn well you think he’s stale and useless

And you can sit right there and nod politely

But you know damn well you think his crush is unsightly


When you close your eyes and it all comes flooding back

And you cling to nothing trying to brace for attack

When it’s all the same, the same, the same

And you pray to God that she just remembers your name…


Too depressing to be depressed

Too alone to be lonely

Too filled with hate to commiserate

So sit back, complain, and then berate


Too ignorant to ignore

To adoring to abhor

Take it all, then take some more

Sit back, complain, continue keeping score


Red flashing lights mean they don’t know what they’re doing

A yellow arrow to the left will turn out to be my undoing

Driving behind a bumper that claims: “A love ends suicide”

And you wish you could be happy to be along for the ride


I’m clinging to straws counting days in a haze

I’m drowning in waves hoping it’s just a phase

You’re running for your life and getting nowhere

You’re jumping through hoops trying to find someone who cares


“Don’t you remember? I’m the love of your dreams…”

As your life gets tied up at the seams

“Can’t you forget? Am I out of tries?”

As you suddenly see through all their lies


“Can I be done now? I’ve eaten all my undesirable words…”

Sit at the table and listen until you’ve heard

Falling asleep you just wish they were there

Falling asleep you just wish you didn’t care


Emotion is an ocean where the biggest waves aim to sink

Devotion is a potion that doesn’t require you to think

Revelation is an explanation for what you aim to be

Delirium is a conundrum that calls itself me…


Where was this all going? You ask as it concludes

Well it definitely didn’t bring me any closer to you

And now you wish that you could run and hide

When you’re longing again for that beautiful ride…

No comments: