Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Forks

“I can’t do this anymore.”

I say as my face hits the floor

Don’t need forks to tell me I’m done

Fought the battle but never won

I stood up to hit my head

I couldn’t remember what was said

Regurgitate upon this desk

And I can’t clean up my mess

It spreads about like ivy

All areas of my life, it chokes me

I spring up towards the sun

But all these problems weigh a ton

I’m stretching but getting nowhere

What’s sad is I no longer care

Could you take me back to when I was young?

When my dreams were not yet unsung?

“I swear it will get better.”

I’d say if I could pull it together

Don’t need forks to tell me I’m done

Tried to race knowing I couldn’t run

Don’t run before you learn to walk

And don’t listen to me because I’m one to talk

I don’t talk well enough to make a difference

I don’t listen well enough for it to make sense

If I could get paid to be me I’d be set

But as far as I know, no one’s created that job yet

I’m waiting for the green grass on the other side

And until then I guess I’m gonna run and hide

I just want to be apart of it

But they won’t let me forget

That my numbers don’t compare to theirs

I stand here while the world gives me blank stares

They can’t answer the questions I don’t know I possess

They just stand there looking down saying clean up your mess

Nobody talks down to me because they physically can’t

So please shut up with your condescending rant

“I can’t do this anymore”

As my face hits the floor

I’ve already stopped before I’ve begun

And I don’t need forks to tell me I’m done

No comments: