Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Uninspiration

Sixteen reasons are keeping me here

But the seventeenth is the one I truly fear

Stand up all of you who’ve been stood up

And I’ll never be uninspired if this keeps up


Fifteen minutes, and I’m still here

But the sixteenth is the one I truly fear

Sit down all of you who’re inside out

And I’ll never be uninspired with this about


Fourteen months, and it just feels like years

But the thirteenth is the one I truly fear

Run away all you who’ve been chased away

And I’ll never be uninspired if it is this way


Twelve hours later and I still don’t hear

But the eleventh hour is the one I fear

Come this way, all you lost sheep

And I’ll never be uninspired if this is what I reap


Ten to one, and I bet that she’d be dear

But nine times out of ten, I still fear

All of you seem to achieve the unexpected

And I’ll never be uninspired if this is expected


Eight ways in which you feel so near

But the seventh is the one I truly fear

Cozy up to the feeling all you used

And I’ll never be uninspired if this continues


Six from the pack, and my head feels clear

But five bucks says they’re just masking my fear

Drink in the sound of a spinning room and give heed

And I’ll never be uninspired if this proceeds


Four priorities, but I guess I’m the one that disappears

And if I were in the top three then I wouldn’t fear

Write it down all you lyricists and linguists

And I’ll never be uninspired if this persists


Two were supposed to end up here

But being one is what I fear

To all of you longing for that day

I’ll never be uninspired if I feel this way…

No comments: