Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smiling Now

And so it goes…

It continues to follow

And no one knows

Why it just won’t up and go


I follow her, but I’m years behind

Tracing footsteps in the snow

She seems to creep into my mind

Why won’t she just up and go?


I’ll be digging for bones shortly

I’ll be dreaming so sweetly

She’ll be haunting me quietly

And she’ll be doing it so discretely


Memories don’t fade

The get disfigured and distorted

And everything I’m remembering now

Isn’t what was initially reported


I look towards the horizon

And it all looks crystal clear

You have entered my vision

And I’m glad that you’re now here


I’ll forget what used to be

I’ll be dreaming so sweetly

She’ll have to stop haunting me

And I’ll forget you indiscreetly


You’ve lost, and it’s time to leave

And I’m ignoring your remarks

I hope me message is received

While you walk off into the dark


And so it goes…

I no longer follow

And everyone will know

That this smile if from watching you go…

No comments: