Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Impact

I woke up this morning with a sound in my ear

But I know your voice isn’t what I want to hear

I woke up to a strange paranoia within

And I just didn’t know exactly how to begin

I woke up this morning with no intention of continuing

But no good end can come without a damn good beginning


I know that this morning there’ll be dreams I can’t keep

And there’s a fear in me that runs quite deep

I know that disorder is all the rage this year

But I can’t sleep while you’re still here

I know that this morning I’ll look back while moving forward

But that doesn’t mean that my mind isn’t altered


There’s a chance that everything I continue to see

Doesn’t really have an impact on me

There’s a way to wake up, but not in my case

As you just won’t seem to leave this place

There’s a chance I could tell you how this story will end

But I’m worried this is an issue that even time can’t mend


You’re standing there trying to veil your disgust

While your outward appearance strangely resembles lust

You’re fishing for what you just won’t catch

While I’m trying to find another flame within this match

You’re standing there waiting for me to speak

But we won’t find what we have no motivation to seek


I woke up this morning in a daze that won’t pass

But I’m going back to bed because this won’t last

I woke up to each and every voice in my head

All shouting in unison how they wanted me dead

I woke up this morning with no intention of continuing

But no good end can come without a damn good beginning


There’s a feeling today that escapes even the best

And you reach for it like all of the rest

There’s a answer tomorrow that will explain today

But instead of opening your eyes to see it’ll just fade away

There’s a feeling that stays hushed for fear of disrupting

But staying quiet won’t create something out of nothing


Why must getting it started be the hardest part?

As each beat questions another passing heart

Why must maintaining it be the hardest part?

As each beat questions the current heart

Why must leaving it be the hardest part?

As we beg the question “How did this start?”


You’re waiting for something that might never come

We know you’re not deaf, but that doesn't mean you're not dumb

You’re eyeing a day that you hope will take you away

And I can’t help but notice you haven’t even finished today

You’re implying that what you have will one day be better

But wishful thinking won’t make an always out of a never


I woke up this morning and then went straight back to bed

I know full well that I can’t keep living inside my head

I woke up this morning but never really did wake

I don’t need to be reminded of all my past mistakes

I woke up this morning with no intention of continuing

But no good end can come without a damn good beginning

No comments: