Thursday, November 25, 2010

Losing My Mind

I wish I could escape what was left behind

I wish I could just lose my mind

Pull it out of my head and say goodbye

As it stays put while I walk by

Adopt ignorance and embrace the bliss

And run, carefree, away from all this

I’d leave it there for all the world to see

Just how much it didn’t mean to me


People would pass by it and casually stare

But I wonder if they’d even care

Care about a mind that was left behind

Alone for someone else to find

And all the while they’d wonder whose it was

And if it was abandoned for just cause

I’d leave it there for all the world to see

Just how much it didn’t mean to me


And as time would pass in my world of bliss

I’d never remember my mind or ever miss

I’d float and believe that I was free

In a world where they couldn’t bother me

Call me ignorant for being devil may care

But you didn’t know it; you weren’t there

I know why I decided to leave it behind

I know why I decided to lose my mind


I might come back after years have passed

And see all the dust my mind has amassed

I’d contemplate about picking it up

I’d get halfway and then have to stop

Torn between memory and senility

I’d hesitate about what I’d want to be

Should I return to the thoughts I left behind?

Or revel in the fact that I’ve lost my mind?

No comments: