Friday, April 29, 2011

No Enemies; Just Friends

No enemies, just friends
No lovers, just loose ends
Not nothing, not anything
No knots, just undone string

Rotoscoping horoscopes
And the horror’s locked within our scopes
We’d do anything for a way to simply cope
We keep praying for an ounce of hope

No context, just words
Between two people looking to flirt
My vision’s so clear face down in the dirt
So walk on me ‘cuz it no longer hurts

The heart wants what it wants
But the body still flaunts
What can tease and taunt
What can petrify and haunt

Three more drinks and I’ll be sober
One more time I’ve been worked over
You want me to stay, you want me to go
You want all the things that I’ll never know

So find something thicker than wool
Over my eyes, to pull
It’s going to take more than that to hide
It’s going to take more to keep me outside

I’ll keep walking the sidewalk until it ends
And hold close these so called friends
I’ll keep nursing it all until it mends
While you live comfortably in your world of pretend

One flew over the cuckoo’s nest
And landed in deep with the worst of the best
One more time and you’ll be dubbed a pest
Step up the dubs, until you step like the rest

A head full of words; none of them good
Want to need to wish you would
It’s all well and good when we do what we should
But this Miss has got me misunderstood

No enemies, just friends
No lovers, just loose ends
No words to create or mend
No more. The end.

No comments: