Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Femme Fatale

Her default setting is hot, whether I like it or not
So I guess it was good I did
Eyes that matched hair, forced me to stare
And messed with my ego and id

All up turned into an outward calamity
But she just couldn’t see
Organized myself but still so uncoordinated
Trapped, and yet, still free

Feel like I said something I shouldn’t have
‘Cuz she keeps running away
Feel like I lost what I never had
What’s now gone just wants to stay

The artwork up here changes monthly
But none of it’s beautiful
The glamorous that just beckon us
Have suddenly lost their pull

It’s about time you stood up for waking up
In 114 minutes she’ll be ready
It’s about a boy who’s on a sinking ship
It goes, but it’s not steady

The notion of commotion won’t lose its swagger
And nobody seems to care
The louder it gets the more we all forget
But I guess it’s comforting to know it’s there

The doors are locked; the windows closed
We haven’t lost but we didn’t win
The lights are off but someone’s home
They just won’t let us in

She took off last week; time well spent
But none of it spent with you
She’s on mental vacation until further notice
So what more can I do?
She appreciates the finer points of romance
But simply lacks the effort
She wants to see it all but can only glance
As she thinks that it will hurt

The artwork up here changes weekly
But all of it’s rehashed
The treacherous that just berate us
Have suddenly found themselves cashed

Her fire disarms, but there’s no alarm
And so I’m continually burned
The kind of looks you don’t see in books
It’s no wonder I haven’t learned

These children hold hands, to avoid quicksand
But everyone’s eventually hurt
The ones in the lead, succumb to their needs
A better tail in a different skirt

These men act like children time and again
But still maintain their ships
The continual mends dissuade their ends
Even after everything rips

She knows not what she does
But does it all the same
She speaks in tongues and disables your lungs
When she pretends to know your name

Her default setting it hot, whether I like it or not
So prepare for a nice scorch
She’s holding on to the idea of holding back
While I’m left holding a torch

The artwork up here changes daily
But original thought bears not
In the end, the memories of those I’ve penned
Will be the only love I’ve got

No comments: