Saturday, August 29, 2009

Here's To You

Here’s to the one that got away

Of freewill, didn’t try to make her stay.


Here’s to the user. Can you even comprehend?

Indulge, enlighten, but don’t worry about the end.


Here’s to the rocker, may you die young

Memories of fame, the true story unsung.


Here’s to the realist, never an optimist

Often a pessimist, still rarely ever missed.


Here’s to the dreamer. Can you please stop?
Open your eyes, wake up; you’ll never be on top.


Here’s to the cynic, man you make me sick.

Go find someone to love, yeah that might do the trick.


Here’s to the lover, you should’ve come over.

What’s that? You’re busy? And he’s… Aw shit it’s over.


Here’s to the happy. Can you guys stay away from me?

You bring me down, and you don’t know what I mean.


Here’s to the sad. Would you like a new friend?

I’m here if you’re here, up and until the end.


Here’s to the writer. Did you ever wonder,

How he stayed afloat while you sank under?


Here’s to the reader, I hope you like this

No, please stop, I know…Wait you think it’s shit?


Here’s to everyone who thinks they’re someone

Try to keep believing that, don’t let it come undone.


Finally here’s to you muses, you know who you are

All gone now, not too near, but not too far.

No comments: