Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lying

Lying on the floor.

Tell me more.

Lying on the bed.

You brushed my hand.


Touched by a hand.

Touched by a soul.

Touched by something.

That I didn’t know.


Sucked into a life.

I could only dream.

Turned to a nightmare.

When things aren’t as they seem.


Soft mint kisses.

Lost in loving eyes.

Infatuation? Love?

Just don’t let it die.


Lying to each other.

Tell me something interesting.

Lying that you’re my muse.

Now doesn’t that sting?


We’re in lust.

Love’s not in mind.

But for my sake.

Would you give it time?


Lie to yourself.

It’s not that bad.

Give it up now.

You’ll miss what you had.


Lie long enough.

And it won’t even matter.

You’ll end up in love.

Isn’t that what you’re after?


Lying alone.

I wish I hadn’t.

Walked in blind.

Thinking I could have it.


Lying on the floor.

It is no more.

Longing’s in the air.

Wishing you were here.

No comments: