Saturday, August 01, 2009

My Last Biased Words

I’ll start off by saying
This one is for you
You know who you are
And you know it’s true

I don’t know how

You do what you do
But you keep at it
Like there’s nothing to it

I can no longer say

That I’m alone in my head
Because almost every thought I have
Is now of you instead

Everything you say and do

Just solidifies the fact
That you’re more amazing now
Than you were five minutes in the past

I just want to snatch you up

And never let you go
When it seems like there are too many goodbyes
And not nearly enough hellos

And if I went blind tomorrow

I would probably be all right
Because I knew that I saw you
The most beautiful to my sight

And it’s a shame I can’t do more
To have you in my keeping
Some might call me lazy
But I’m just merely sleeping

I’m hoping to wake up
And have you there with me
But if it never happened
That’s how it was meant to be

And I can’t blame you or me
And I’m not going to make a fuss
I can only just be happy
For the times that it was us

I’ll stop with my biased words now
I just want you to be happy
And I hope that if you want me
You’ll find your way back some day…

No comments: