Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Bridges

I’ve had a chance to be shaken to my core

I’ve had the keys, but the doors were locked

I’ve had enough, but they threw on some more

How does it feel to know you’ve been blocked?


Drive a little faster; you just might get there

Shout a little louder; they just might hear

Complain some more, to cover your fear

And I can’t help it, that I don’t care


Broken is the sympathy to you from me

Haunting is the empathy I still keep for you

Daunting is the task bestowed upon me

Burned are the bridges to me from you


Green eyes, and it’s no surprise

That I guard myself with all these lies

A weakness for those who seem to know me

And it’s no surprise we could never agree


Why’d I have to pick up?! I was comfortably one

The memories of you had all but gone

Can you tell me why you feel the need to continue?

Read into this all you want, I’m done with you.



…And I’m sick of talking about you

Especially when you want nothing to do

With me, at least that how it seems, per say

And I’ve filled my writing requirement for today…

No comments: