Monday, May 10, 2010

Colored by More

More red ink, and I leave believing I don't want to think

More red tape, and I'm looking to book it and escape

More of the same, and there's no way to go back

More of the same, cowering trying to brace for attack

More red lights and I'm trying to fly into the night

More red signs, and I'm reeling from the feeling of not being fine


More blue waters, and I leave believing it's only just starting

More blue roses, and I'm striving to keep the drive for these poses

More of the same, and I'm starting to forget all of their names

More of the same, trying to figure out where I've gone, and from where I came

More blue days, and I'm trying to fly off and get away

More blue times, and I'm clinging to my music and my rhymes


More green bills, and I leave believing money’s racking up kills

More green eyes, and I’m hiding my eyes to escape past ties

More of the same, and the same becomes a violent game

More of the same, trying not to be ferocious, but still untamed

More green leaves, and I’m falling from my calling off these trees

More green dreams, and I’m reeling from the feeling of being torn at the seams


More colors than I could possibly imagine

Painting me shades of unwanted feelings again

More colors than one could even start to comprehend

And I’m trying to figure out how this will all end

More colors than I have lines to write about

And it’s no wonder none of us can figure it out

More colors, more hues, more shades of more truth

And I can’t figure out why this doesn’t happen to you…

No comments: