Friday, May 21, 2010

My Fate

It would appear that your money is speaking louder than my words

And just because I’m not physically scarred doesn’t mean that I’m not hurt

It would appear that you haven’t been listening, and I haven’t heard

But just because you’re life is going so well, doesn’t give you a reason to hurt


I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever

And I watch their good times come and stay

I’ll continue waiting until possibly forever

And if I had something to be happy about would I want it that way?


It would appear that your happiness is shining brighter than the sun

And just because I’m out for the count, it doesn’t mean that I’m done

It would appear that you truly are a man of religion

But that fact that He’s blessed you doesn’t change my position


I’ve been waiting for what seems like an eternity

And I watch their joy stay and just grow

I’ll continue to wait for my life’s entirety

And if I had something to be happy about would I even know?


It would appear that your desires are well within your grasp

But just because you have it all doesn’t mean you’re entitled to be an ass

It would appear that the coming days will lead you to a great place to tread

But just because I’m not moving, doesn’t mean you can treat me like I’m dead


I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever

And I watch their good times never end

I’ll continue waiting until possibly forever

And if I had something worth saying, it would already be in my head


It would appear I have little to offer, but even less to demand

But just because I’m out here on my own, doesn’t mean you can’t lend me a hand

It would appear that I’ve done too little too late,

And if I don’t find something soon, this world will seal my fate…

No comments: