Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Passing By

These darkened clouds will surely come to pass
But I still feel like I’m running out of gas
I can understand how things end up in the gutter
When you’re bogged down and beat up by emotional clutter
She’s breaking my heart, but doing it so sweetly
Not like a few others who’ve done so indiscreetly
Funked up beyond all recognition from your constant attacks
No longer moving, like a train stopped dead on the tracks
Woke up hung over, and then started writing
But couldn’t see what my eyes were fighting
They wanted to stay closed, afraid of what they’d find
Fearing they’d be a door to let you back into my mind
One of those days where I wanna run; jump; fly away
But I just keep holding my tongue like I’ve got nothing to say
Wanna rip up the earth, and shake up the ground
And then just start swinging at everything I’ve found
She’s still holding on to being withholding and defiant
Love for all the little people, but none for the giant
By chance, an oddly longed for interaction
With a distant and not so faded love attraction
Now just a friend of a friend, of sorts
But not enough time invested to make us cohorts
Single in the singular, plural in them
Turned on by being turned off, but turned down again
I’m willing to wait, but I’m losing stability
And I’ll count on you again after I finish counting to infinity
Goldilocks bears no grudges, but gets a little red riding through those woods
She found her sweet spot but it didn’t last like it should
I’m ready whenever you are, but I know you’ll never be
I’m there whenever you are, but still you choose not to see
My double take will never take, and you mistook the unmistakable
That regardless of knowing where I’m going, I know my love is capable
I can write it all up, and hide it all beneath subtlety
But the moment it needs to be real, I can’t make them see
Walked a mile in your shoes, just to wear out my feet
Then walked one thousand more in the hopes we’d meet
They pass me, dismiss me, and ultimately are
In a distant solar system passing by on shooting star
Reality becomes a dream, and the dream finally becomes something
Just praying for anything, but making peace with nothing
Overanalyze and underestimate the straight and narrow
Double up on the dogs for those places we dare not go
Truth be told I’ve been crushed for a while
And the pressure keeps increasing every time I see you smile
Let’s go to a show, making sure we’re back in time to wake up
And when it’s all just a dream, I wish my conscious would shut up
I walk along now, knowing that something’s askew:
An almost perfect day, except it’s completely missing you…

No comments: