Sunday, May 22, 2011

P.S.

Dear Miss __________,

I hope that you will read this.  It has come to my attention that you’re one of a kind; that “kind” being a beauty that preoccupies my mind.  Your intentions were unbeknownst to me, and at times that made things difficult to see.  I know what I saw, but I don’t feel that you saw it too.  While you were busy looking at everyone else, I was fixated on you.  I’m not sure if it was your charm, or beautiful dark hair, but it seemed like everything about you drew me in and held me there.  It was the way you wanted to hear about all my hopes and fears. It was the way you wanted to know about all the places I planned to go.  It was the way your eyes were kind, while you listened to me speak my mind.  It was the way you appeared to need nothing that left me wanting just a little something.  I can’t tell you what you meant to me, and I doubt you’ll ever really see, but when that’s the way life always goes, I guess it’s just the subtlety that anyone knows.  I’ve walked away and somewhat admitted defeat, but maybe one day our paths will meet.  You no longer need to be concerned with my dreams, and I’m fine without wanting you, or so it seems.  But if one day you read this and comprehend, I hope this heart you’ll seek to mend. 

To the beautiful hippy-chick and starry-eyed child who’d rather be hot, than ever be mild: the words I longed to say, and the actions I could never do, will all remain sleeping attempts to explain how I much I cared for you.

Sincerely,

David

No comments: