Saturday, September 05, 2009

My Walk

I passed through the door

That opens to me

I went out for a walk

Closed my eyes to see


I passed by a man

Who spun his words

In a desperate attempt

To sucker in the herds


I passed over a race

Who’s goal wasn’t clear

Their lust for position

Continued year after year


I passed by a man

Who’s only want

Was the necessities of life

That other men flaunt


And as I walked

Nobody talked

They only sang

A different pain

And as I watched

I had no thoughts

Too loud they sang

Their deafening pain


I passed by a woman

Pay for a night in bed

Smelling white roses

Trying to clear her head


I passed by a place

Where dreams met the sea

Washed off from the faces

That would allow them to be


I passed by a memorial

Of someone who’d passed on

Is there a point to remembering

Something that goes on and on and on?


I passed by the free minded

Trapped like rats in their minds

Study, regurgitate, repeat

They need to open their blinds


And as I walked

A few people talked

But more sang

Their cliché pain

And as I watched

I had one thought

“Don’t let it die”

I’d pray to God


I passed by a party
Where the drinks were free

The only catch

Was a loss of dignity


I passed by a table

But opted not to sit

I’d rather not hear

About legalizing it


I passed by the place

Where love was known

The pain of nostalgia

Reminded me I was alone


I passed through the door

That opens to you

Pray to God it won’t die

Pray you love me too


And as we talked

Nobody knew

That I was falling

In love with you

And as we watched

The night grow old

“I love you too.”

I was told

No comments: