Monday, September 14, 2009

I'd Love Another

Proxy. Moxie.

Bang up job. See,

The only thing you need

Is a little taste of being free.


Shut up. Sit down.

Pleasure having you around.

The real joy comes when you have found

The one who lifts you off the ground.


Upstairs, no one cares.

They’ve hid their fears, for many years.

The most fun comes from grinding gears.

Cope with laughter, drink up those tears.


Give and take.

Let them eat cake.

Losing focus was your biggest mistake.

You’re not regretting, I hope, for your sake.


Rhyme, in time.

Throw me a line,

I know you’re not, though you say you’re fine.

Excuse me miss, I miss you being mine.


Drop out. Tune out.

Stand up and shout.

Wish that I knew what it was all about.

Lie there and cry while she drives by no doubt.


Jump out. Jump in.

Sink or swim.

Can you believe what they say about him?

I’d rather not live life on a whim.


Over and over.

Duck and cover.

What’s that they said about me finding a lover?

All I know, is that I’d love another…

No comments: