Monday, September 14, 2009

The Insomniac's Heart

At a loss for words
And so I write
When all I want
Is just one night

I just need a minute
To rest my head
Then I swear
I'll go to bed

If I could lie
Right next to you
I'd never need anything
Else from you

Wake me up at
Half past yesterday
And we'll make sure
We don't turn out like today

Empty promises and
Far too many misled
No more tired now
As I try to return to bed

Awake again now
Please just stop this game
When will I sleep?
Why is it this way?

I walk room to room
I walk door to door
I hate what's happening
No sleep anymore

Stumble into dark corners
Crowded with the undefined
I can't close my eyes
Until you leave my mind

And I would try
Anything for you
As slumbers tease
What am I to do?

Insomnia's a joke
Compared to this
A heart too tired to sleep
A heart that does miss

Tune it out
Turn off the light
And pray that I
Quiet my mind,
Forget your sight,
And finally find
Some peace tonight...

No comments: