Saturday, September 05, 2009

Missing the Point

I’ve been thinking lately

About what I should do.

I’ve been on the fence a lot

And I’ve no idea what to do.


I’ve known the good and true

And occasionally they knew me too.

I’ve known the bad and sin

And occasionally they took me in.


I’ve fraternized with enemies

And I’ve saluted common foes.

I’ve burned bridges to friends

And I’ve watched loves go.


I’ve helped and honorable cause

And I’ve been chivalrous when I could.

I’ve held confident that you cried

And I’ve held you when you would.


I think it’s time to pick a side

I think I really need to decide

Between the good, the bad, it’s so ugly

To be where I’m at, my present me.


I’ve been told there’s no such thing

Between the wrongs and the right

I’ve been told there’s no difference

Good? Evil? How ‘bout an excuse to fight?


I’ve thought about my soul

And where exactly it will go.

I’ve thought that it doesn’t matter

And I’ve also thought I want to know.


I’ve seen people torn asunder

And I’ve found it hard to care.

I’ve seen lives burned all over

And I’ve just sat and stared.


I’ve met souls that needed help

And I’ve offered them a hand.

I’ve comforted those who’re down

And I’ve silenced temptations demands.


I think it’s time to pick a side

While there’s still one to pick

Sort out what’s going on here

Good? Bad? It makes me sick.


But I’ve recently discovered

That it might not even matter

I could ride life to the end

Never listening to the chatter

I could ignore what they say

I could live life my own way

I could care less day by day

I could sleep sweetly in my grave


I’ve seen the evil in you

And I’ve seen the good too

I’ve asked myself: How’re you doing?

But I’ve never asked that of you.


Because ultimately it isn’t about me

Some how I think you knew

I only did this for you

Just for you

No comments: