Saturday, December 18, 2010

Change of Heart

It was just another day in a colder climate

As I found myself once again questioning my fate

I kept going over and over what I said and what they said

When I saw myself standing outside my own head

So I walked in and saw myself waiting for me

And all I said to myself was “Is this really how you want it to be?”


It was just another day surrounded by snow too deep

When I called upon her to soothe me back to sleep

I keep going over what it is they say and do

And wonder if I’ll ever stop wondering, “Where are you?”

You gave light to a page that I had yet to see

And all I said to myself was “Is this really how you want it to be?”


It was just another day near lukewarm hearts

As I found myself hating how they all got their starts

I wanted nothing more than to have one that did smolder

And I might tell you one day when you’re older

Just tell me as soon as you see what I see

And until then I’ll keep asking myself “Is this really how you want it to be?”


Dedicated to a feeling that’s no really there

Dedicated to finding a start

Dedicated to the only one who seems to care

Dedicated to a heartening hart


It was just another day in which I wrote another tale

I stood by the same old product and tried to make a sale

I kept repeating what they all thought needed to be said

And then I saw you standing beautifully inside my head

So I ran in and saw myself suddenly set free

As you explained that these words aren’t for them, but just for me…

No comments: