Monday, December 13, 2010

Out of Ink

Trying to figure out what I was thinking in the first place

I wait for another wanderer to call

My thoughts wander, and boredom creeps in

As I think anything would be better than staring at these 4 walls


Listlessly these words appear as if to taunt me

But only when I’m not standing still

The moment I stop and try to write it all down

Is the moment my creativity is suddenly killed


So I babble, I ramble, but most of all I rant

I wait, I long, I continue to hope it won’t last

It’d be nice if this could mean something, but it can’t

And soon these thoughts today will become part of the past


I’m afraid you’ve heard it all before

You’ve listened to my voice as I played this game

My heartbreak, my angst, and everything in between

You may not have know what it meant, but you kept reading all the same


So without any further ado, a hiatus is in order

The writing will disappear from the eyes of the reader

I’ll discontinue my thoughts, take a break perhaps

And return when the muse in my life is sweeter


A thank you to you all, the few that saw my many

A thank you to all of those who continue to look up

The view from up here is no longer that clear

And with that I will say enough…

No comments: