Monday, December 13, 2010

Half Asleep, Half Alone

I’m wide-awake and presently speeding

Catch me if you can, it’s what I’m needing

A turn for the worst, without any evidence

I guess this wait just adds to the suspense


I’m wide-awake and presently seeing

That the thought of you is so freeing

But you’re restricted by the powers that be

And I won’t say anything, because I’m me


I’m dozing a bit, but I won’t quit

Not until I can no longer get away with it


I’m wide-awake as sparks abound

I look around, but no one is found

In a matter of days it will all be gone

In a matter of time I might be done


I’m wide-awake, but nobody thinks so

They all keep telling me that I should go

Go here; go there, I don’t think they really care

Just so long as I’m not one more they have to bear


I’m dozing a bit, but I can’t quit

Not until I can no longer get away with it


I’m wide-awake and spewing out nonsense

And I’ll continue at no expense

Seriously stop me or I’ll end up dead

Seriously, find me, or I’ll go out of my head


I’m wide-awake and yet my eyes are closed

They have been for sometime, leaving me exposed

I don’t want to continue without you

Wake me up!! So that I don’t have to


I’m dozing a bit but I can’t quit

Not until I can no longer get away with it

Half asleep; half awake; in an inescapable pit

Longing for your heart to pull me out of it

No comments: