Thursday, December 23, 2010

WhatsHerName

We do these things

Not because they’re easy but because they’re hard

But since when is it easy

To leave each other broken and scarred?

As I continue to search

For what’s-her-name?

I look on at those around

Already enjoying the game

The paper money falls

And our boxes start to wear

I’ve passed go countless times

But still no one is there

I watch as they come together

And then close in upon me

I watch as they fade into

A lime-lit obscurity

But I don’t appear to them

Though I’m not quite nothing

And since when did noticing

Mean you had to say something?

The 3rd wheel’s getting no grease

But I’m not antsy for attention

And if I didn’t think it would kill you

I’d ask for an honorable mention

Now there’s an internal conversation

That’s bred from an internal conflict

Now there’s an external situation

That’s making me feel sick

Dry heaves left me questioning

Is it me? Or is it everyone else?

Can I go ahead and blame the world?

Or have I just done this to myself?

Out of the cold grows a weed

And it bears resentment from it’s stem

So I’m not going to ignore it,

But I just might ignore all of them

And I have all the time in the world

To sit, hear, and wait

While you figure out what’s wrong with me

Before it gets late

But if it isn’t obvious yet

Then it’s something you’ll never get
Hello what’s-your-name,

I don’t believe we’ve met…

No comments: