Sunday, November 15, 2009

Don't Jinx It

Driving through Claremont

Past memories that still haunt

That morning I came back for my car

Because I wanted to be where you were

Walking through the architecture

As I wished it would be sure

Keep it a secret and just pray

That it keeps going this way

I keep the information to one

Because they’d all ruin the fun

Separate work from play

But make eyes along the way

Don’t jinx it now and just stay sound

I can’t believe what I have found


Driving through Pomona

And I feel like I don’t know ya

That morning I snuck you out

I thought I had it all figured out

Thinking through my thoughts

It was clear that I did not

Kept it a secret and just prayed

Wasn’t enough and edges felt frayed

I told the information to anyone

Someone, no one, whoever would listen

Business was finding a simple pleasure

And I couldn’t forget the architecture

Don’t jinx it now and just stay sound

Still not sure why she stuck around


Driving through Long Beach

And these arms aren’t long enough to reach

That morning I woke up wishing

That you’d have allowed me to keep staying

Walking through architecture

I questioned whether I was sure

Secrets secrets are no fun

Something’s making me want to run

No once cares about the information

And I’m jealous of those in formation

All work and no play makes me want you more

And I’d keep my eyes on you, until they got sore

Don’t jinx it now and just stay sound

Don’t think I’ll forget what I have found


Driving through San Diego

And I wish I knew where to go

That morning I didn’t want to wake up

Because you weren’t there, just stop

Waiting on and check the horizon

It isn’t always said and done

Keeping it secret is my only pleasure

And I miss walking through architecture

The information starts losing meaning

And I miss that old familiar feeling

Work sucks and play forgets

Longing to make eyes, still no regrets

Don’t jinx it now and just stay sound

You still have yet to hit the ground


Driving through San Francisco

And I clearly don’t know where to go

This morning I was set free

Drove up the coast, you see

Admiring the architecture at a stoplight

I looked left for an ocean sight

Do you want to know a secret?

I’m sure you do, but not yet

Information can’t tell you what I’m thinking

And you probably think that I’ve been drinking

Ditched work and took in some play

Don’t think we’ll come back for several days

Don’t jinx it now and just stay sound

You know I love having you around…

No comments: