Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Night At 327

So I started falling asleep

And the thoughts started pouring in

They started creating dreams

And they tried to lull me in

And then I started dreaming

And the answers came to me

They filled my head with assurance

Made me feel so light and free

I had no cares or worries

It all made perfect sense

No reason to live my life in fear

No reason to live life on the fence

But then something stirred my slumber

Probably the drier or the washer

And I was awake and confused

The answers had all disappeared

The more I tried to remember

The more they succeeded at escaping

My dreams of making it all work

Were quickly disintegrating

With the loss of what to do

My well being fell to dismay

I just wish I could remember

And I wish I had never waked

Now I long for sleep each night

To remember what to do

To understand my life

To get closer to you…

No comments: