Monday, November 02, 2009

Run Away She Said

“One day you’re going to die.”

She said to me that night.

And I’d have been more afraid,

Had she not been such a delight.


“Tell me something interesting.”

She would say all of the time.

And I’d have never said I love you,

If I could have cleared my mind.


Run away from me

And I’ll try to escape you

Run away with me

And I won’t know what the hell to do


“Don’t make excuses for stupidity.”

That evening, she quietly said.

And I’d have been less hurt

Had she not hit the nail on the head.


“You’re like a brother to me.”

She said after the sun went down.

And I’d have cared much less,

Had I not loved having her around.


Run away from you

And you’ll try to find me

Run away with you

And not care about what we don’t see


“I think you think too much.”

She said to me one day.

And I’d have been more opposed,

Had I not been thinking about what to say.


“Just tell me what you want.”

She said questioningly that night.

And I’d have respond: you

Had I not thought the answer was right


Run away from it all

And they all make a fuss

Run away with it all

Just looking for someone to make us

No comments: