Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Wish This Made Sense

And it’s quiet

Too quiet for this riot

And I’m surprised

That I can’t see through closed eyelids

And it must be a trap

Can’t wait for her to attack

Smack-dab in the middle of a crossfire

Just trying to get back

Oh no!

Another low blow

I guess it just goes to show

That you never really know

How it will go

Oh no! She got free!
And she’s now comin’ after me!

After me with more than a touch of crazy

Watch her, this you’re gonna wanna see.


And you don’t want me for me

You want something that isn’t mine

And if you could see what I am

Then you would see, you couldn’t live without me

I can’t do this anymore

You can’t do this anymore

Not when it feels like a chore

Not when we just want more


So run away

Just pack your bags

And I’m not surprised

That I don’t see an escape

So run amok

Because I don’t give a fuck

Never have, always will

Be perfectly stuck

Come around again

And feel my pain

Please don’t give a shit

But don’t let it happen again

You should focus your eyes

On things that tantalize

Paramount to loving you

It’s all lies, it’s all lies


And you don’t want her for her

You want something that isn’t there

And if you could see what she is

Then you would see you couldn’t live without her

I can’t do this anymore

Not when it feels like a chore

Not when there aren’t ideas in store

I can’t do this anymore


Something died

And I lost my pride

Take it all in stride

Yeah, I just might

Tell me: What do you want?

What do you get out of it?

Because right now it seems

Like I’m being fed bullshit

And I’d be happy to eat it up

If I thought it was enough

But lately I can’t help feeling

That my head ought not to be reeling

My time? You’re stealing

My heart? You’re keeping

Locked up in a box

That should be mine to lock

But instead I’m here

Unable to talk


Maybe tomorrow we’ll die

Without our piece of the pie

Maybe today we’ll see

Without our supposed needs

Maybe yesterday we’ll speak

Without our fear of the peak

Maybe in a week

I’ll want again to seek


Déjà vu

Could never do this to you

Wish I could turn my head around

And always see you

But it just doesn’t exist

And I think I knew

Maybe this is why

I’m so damn pissed

In touch with crazy

If in touch means

She no longer talks to me

I miss those days, see

Where I was free

Younger than 13

And it never meant

What it now means


And you don’t want me for me

You want something that isn’t mine

And if you could see what I am

Then you would see, you couldn’t live without me

I’m on my way out

Because you don’t want this from me

I’ll grow up one day I swear

And by then you’ll see

That you can live without me…

No comments: