Thursday, November 12, 2009

Inspiration

It’s funny where inspiration will hit you

Like right this moment I thought I’d write

It’s funny what she could do to you

Like right this moment inspiration I sight


She’s across the way

Both of us have nothing to say

But oddly enough

She’s making my day


I’m writing this up

All the while using her

Her image, her motivation

Only wishing that I was there


And yet if I was I don’t think it would help

Because as I sit here, I’m scratching my scalp

Like what would I say, to someone so sweet?

I can only sit here and hope we one day meet


It’s funny where inspiration will hit you

Like right this moment I thought I’d write

It’s funny what she could do to you

Like right this moment I’d like to see her tonight


I look from ledge to window

I look from table to face

And every time I look at her

Her eyes are in the same place


She looks to me when she thinks I don’t see

I look to her, then quickly away when she spies

She looks to me when she knows I’m looking

A cat and mouse game played with eyes


I’m not joking with you

She’s about fifteen feet from me

Sitting, watching, tantalizing

I can only hope she thinks the same of me


I would talk to her if I had the guts

And yet if I did I’m afraid it would end the fun

Sitting, watching, wishing we both had the force

Instead we sit patiently each other trying to coerce


It’s funny where inspiration will hit you

Like right this moment I thought I would write

It’s funny how people in this library study me

I think I’ll dream of her tonight…

No comments: