Monday, July 05, 2010

Commotion

Looking for her number, I try not to remember

Physical during the day, but emotional at night

Perturbed in the same way, but disturbed when it’s all right

Looking for an answer, I try and just remember

How it felt to be, just once, more than a dying ember


And it’s really all too easily taken care of

And we’d all like to be apart of what we mistake for love

Jumped was the gun, to lead us down for the count

Fell by the wayside to things more paramount

And we long for a body that ends up being anybody


Where exactly was I going to go? And what would I have done?

Sitting here I can only contemplate if you were the one

Stopped by a word, and then turned on a dime

Can’t find a way to give us all just a little more time

And we act out our feelings with ridiculous pantomime


I want to get up, and you want to get out

But just stop and think that you forgot what it’s about

Smoke and mirrors, covered by jokes and fears

When you discover what it is you’re looking for

Be sure to tell the rest who simply just want more


Like a book I can no longer read, or a song looped inside my head

All that remains of her and us will surely soon be dead

And if what’s hanging from these walls, could give you a call

Would you pick up and answer with the purest sincerity?

Or would you ignore the ringing and embrace barbarity?


My guess is no one’s told you how beautiful you are

Because you keep looking at me like I’m bizarre

But it isn’t that you are new to this notion

Rather it’s the fact that I keep repeating the motion

That’s why you’re there, while I’m here swept up in commotion


Once another hour passes you’ll surely give in to the masses

But the spots won’t come off of these dirty glasses

You’ll still give into their drink, as they tell you want to think

Social norms will undoubtedly be your tomb

As they swoop down on your creativity and slowly consume


White washed away, down into a stream of grey

Mixed up in the days, and lost in the fray

Footsteps through the snow is all you seem to know

As the wind sweeps you up, and I’m still blown away

These rose-colored glasses keep my focus off yesterday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should start off the day drinking, it is bound to turn out wonderfully, nothing could go wrong with that at all :D

-The Sociopath

Anonymous said...

Ps. Another good option: Starting off the day with ice cream. Now that's a good idea :D