Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just Watch My Silhouette

Like silhouettes floating in mid air

And I can’t help but stop and stare

Brush stroke clouds that come in pairs

While you’re still playing truth or dare


Come and sit right next to me

And maybe then the sky we’ll see

Will materialize to what it’s meant to be

And stop falling down into the sea


Lend an ear and hear the news

That we still don’t have a muse

And while we look for others to use

Let us sit here and confuse


Take a walk with me and grow

Into another one who doesn’t know

That what comes must one day go

And when it does we’ll go toe to toe


Cheek to cheek because we can

Don’t tell them we don’t have a plan

Like silhouettes of a broken man

And I just stare because I can


Did anyone see which way she went?

We ought to go outside and vent

When no one can decipher what you meant

And last night wasn’t time well spent


Don’t you worry, its not too severe

And it’s really just like you’re still here

As a brush stroke covers over this year

And paints a color that you can’t fear


So listen, there’s something I want to ask you

But I need your answer before I do

Because these silhouettes will keep falling through

If we don’t know what we’re listening to


Excuse me miss, do you have the hour?

And could you tell me when I lost my power?

Why I’m lost down here, and forced to scour?

While you taunt me from your cloud-colored tower


Did you even want to know where my life has gone?

Just lie with me and wait for dawn

You can be the one over which we fawn

But I’ll awaken without so much as a yawn


The machine clicks on and I break pace

Still wondering what is clouding your face

Some call it hope; I call it disgrace

I laugh out loud while you try to erase


And one of these days I’m going to rant

And you won’t listen, because you can’t

And when my silhouette begins to slant

The sun will have my wish to grant


It’s setting now; watch it quietly drown

This is no longer a one-woman town

A man of strictly worldly renown

Just watch me as it all falls down

No comments: