Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good Luck

When it was the middle of May

I couldn’t help but long for that day

Just waiting for a simple introduction

Not ready for this cruel seduction


Well good luck waking up today

When yesterday was already a blur

And I can’t help but be shaken

When all I wanted to be was stirred


When it was the middle of June

I just wanted it to come soon

Waiting simply meant doing something

Not ready for sleep I thought of nothing


And say goodbye to those around you

Because everyone just wants to go

And you can’t help but feel forgotten

When all you wanted to be was known


When it was the middle of July

I couldn’t help but no longer want to try

Waiting took a turn for the worst

Not ready for this feeling of being cursed


Well good luck getting answers

When you’re getting the run around

And I can’t help but feel like I’m falling

When all I wanted was to be on the ground


When it is the middle of August

Will I be able to help that I’m in lust?

No longer waiting, but rather walking

Not ready, apparently. No longer talking…


Well good luck with your endeavors

When you could have had something good

And I can’t help but feel happy

When all I did was all I could

No comments: