Monday, August 09, 2010

4am In Black & White

I can’t tell you how it started

I can only tell you what happened

I can’t explain what I saw

As I merely witnessed the end


Jumping from time to time

I was at one point here, then there

I opened my eyes to a new light

And a landscape growing bare


As I walked throughout this land

The sun beat down on earthly faults

I looked up to see an endless world

Not here for causes, but for results


Glancing up into the distance

There materialized in black and white

A person walking towards me

Making me question my sight


As they walked listlessly closer

There came another from right behind

Again without a distinct hue

As I tried to make sense in my mind


Soon there appeared a dozen

All around me and moving in

As I stood on this barren land

I began to contemplate within


From where were they all coming?

And what purpose did they have for me?

Should I fear or open my arms?

Should I close my eyes or choose to see?


Before I could decide

Whether to run, or forestall

I was suddenly out of my own body

Safely distanced, watching it all


The colorless beings moved no further

But simply stood around me in my past

As I floated in my future, dismembered

I wondered why they had amassed


Confused at the ordeal

I left them for a taste of reality

As for what would happen next

Maybe tonight I’ll dream and see…

No comments: