Thursday, August 12, 2010

Difficultly Deaf

Deaf ears are no longer something to fear

But to say that I’m biased, is incorrect

To stand tall and revel in it all

Is difficult when you’re up to your knees in it


Deaf ears have been around for years

But to say I haven’t noticed is incorrect

Living in the moment, free of that torment

Is difficult when you’re up to your waist in it


Deaf ears have nothing to do with tears

But to say that I’m heartless is incorrect

Trying not to get drunk, in that pretty punk

Is difficult when you’re up to your neck in it


Deaf ears will never suffer arrears

But to say that I’m not generous is incorrect

To show no affection for a musical infection

Is difficult when you’re up to your ears in it


Deaf ears can’t watch it as it reappears

But to say that I’ve gone soft is incorrect

To just condemn and not allow it to stem

Is difficult when you’re up to your head thinking of them…

No comments: