Monday, August 09, 2010

Recurring

Am I just a means to an end?

While you stand there wringing your hands

“It’s okay,” I say, “you can tell me…”

But I know too well I just made a new friend


But it didn’t stop there

No, it’s like trying to run through a brick wall

“It’s just okay,” I say, “I’m fine…”

But I’m finding it hard believing this happens to us all


Weathered we hang our heads

And take a shot with those around

“It’s not okay,” I say, “but it will be…”

But as I stand up, my feet don’t meet the ground


Give me a list of your demands

So that I can kill to just hold your hand

“It’s okay,” I say, “I can wait…”

We’ll sit and wait, but not take a stand


When speaking of your desires

It’s best you include everyone but me

“It’s that way,” I say “but it doesn’t have to be…”

I hate the way you’re blind, but can any of us really see?


Are you just a means to an end?

While I stand here wringing my hands

“It’s okay,” you say, “you can tell me…”

But I know too well that you won’t comprehend


In all honesty, I made the wrong decision

Flying blind, I think I’m losing my voice

“It’s not okay,” you say, “and it won’t be…”

But while I think it was, it was never my choice


Weathered and clearly misled

Where exactly is it that we are going?

“It’s that way,” you say, “and it will be…”

I would love to have some way of knowing


Day in and a way out

Or so we would all like to believe

“It’s just okay,” you say, “I’m fine…”

We’re still young, but we can’t still be so naïve


I wish you’d give it to me straight

I’d like to think if you could, you would

“It’s okay,” you say, “just okay…”

Patiently waiting for it to go from bad to good

No comments: