Monday, September 13, 2010

Another

Another added to the list that I want nothing to do with

While countless others step out of line

Another name I can’t call upon without a helping wish

While I persuade myself that I feel fine

Another choice that leaves me thinking my days are numbered

While those around find someone to count on

Another day and I’ll feel like I’ve been here before

While I sleep in through a beautiful dawn

Another person that I really wish I no longer had to see

While my head aches from trying to understand

Another heart that simply wants to run away and be free

While I remain happily swimming in quicksand

Another who thought they ought to be with yet another

While the masses will cheer and salute

Another way out that they choose not to tell me about

While I’m listening to my life on mute

Another downtrodden soul has escaped their cruel fate

While I linger in a hell of my liking

Another note to a piece that they keep stuck in my head

While I strike out on trying to be striking

Another stroke of genius that just lights up their lives

While I wonder about what to do

Another spark of something beyond what we call chemistry

While I perpetuate what I’m going through

Another excuse to justify what it is that they do

While I feel like I showed up late

Another night I lose sleep from reading my words

And I wonder how long I’ll have to wait…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should pick up dancing or some other way to met women. i think you just dont know enough of them.

Anonymous said...

Disagreed. He just needs to choose them better.

Stretch said...

Ugh.... the second anonymous is lucky she's anonymous. Criticize my writing not my personal life. Enjoy the poem or hate it, but please don't criticize my choice of women unless you plan on criticizing all of Southern California as well since that's where they've all been from ;D

Anonymous said...

You're right. It's Southern California.

Stretch said...

Ah anonymity, I really kind of wish I knew who was posting these heated comments. It's not like it used to be when it was just the sociopath and myself :D