Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Word To The Wise

TV shows, where everyone knows

That what you get is what you pay for

Album tracks that have my back

But what I’ve got isn’t what you stay for


A simple plan for a simple man

That always gets complicated

A simple desire to just inspire

But what you’re doing’s got me frustrated


Silver screens with a glossy sheen

And we all seem to circle back around

Multiple choice and I raise my voice

What was lost will one day be found


Get off your ass and study to pass

But I just can’t seem to even budge

A song to last your whole life long

And through these notes I’ll trudge


A single tear and I start to fear

That life just isn’t what it’s supposed to be

No damsel in distress, just a damn mess

And I’m drowning in this paper sea


Pan left to right and avoid the night

Because it reminds us that we’re alone

It surely stings that we weren’t given wings

Flightless and cold we might as well be stone


It is what it seems; it’s not my dreams

But the good sleep has yet to arrive

Eternity becomes antiquity

While we’re here trying to survive


She tells me to let go, but I don’t know

Because her chorus has me speechless

Something so hollow will always follow

And I just keep following nevertheless


TV shows where no one knows

That what’s up next might not be dramatic

An album B-Side and I continue to hide

Stuck safely listening to the static


A picture for those who’re sure

That what they have will remain theirs

A portrait that makes them really sweat

As they hope everyone still cares


Enough is enough, so stop this stuff

As the world turns but you stand still

The time will arise, where they’ll apologize

When they’re all full with having their fill


A gentle guitar strum, that makes me go numb

And music was all it was trying to impart

A word to the wise about my demise

It may or may not be the result of a broken heart

No comments: