Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Possession

Take a stroll and let me know

When you get back has life taken its toll?

Have you woken up on the wrong side of bed?

And realized now you’re too inside your head?

Well let me know if you’re okay

Or at the very just least let me stay

And when you decide to come inside

Don’t be surprised that we all lied

She strolled up to me and spoke like an angel

But changed face quickly to say I’ll see you in hell

And when I decide to come back inside

Will you be there too giving me nowhere to hide?

When the world wants all the answers

And you’re still struggling to find her

You plead with the world to just wait

While you count down to your fate

Waking up from a dream into a nightmare

You rub your eyes and blindly stare

Is this what we get for our past mistakes?

I can’t do enough, doing whatever it takes

So stroll awhile beneath the heavens above

Falling asleep dreaming of the one you don’t love

Refrain from dreaming only to cringe

Because upon her your life now does hinge

Will she answer for the times you’ve called?

Will he answer after all the times he’s stalled?

Back inside, and your mind is growing dim

Smothered by a standard that calls itself them

As they watch your magnificent exhibition

You’re wondering what will be your decision

Can you truly believe that you’ll become a possession?

And if that is so then I have a confession

I once held you dear in a dream perchance

And watched us burn delicately in a fiery romance

But then I woke up, when you spoke up

So excuse me if I tell them, and you too, to shut up

I’ll just close my eyes to all your lies

Hoping in time that you will realize

That in situations of ease, or lack thereof

I could never possess the one I love

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

possess?

Stretch said...

The last line has two meanings. I know which one I meant, but I'll let the rest of you decide amongst yourselves.

Anonymous said...

i can't even figure out one. thats the problem with you poetic people. You write common things in ways so only few people can understand, instead of writing a few things common people will understand.

Stretch said...

I'm not trying to alienate you at all in any way. Maybe I'm being to subtle, but there are two meanings nonetheless. In regards to your notion of understanding, you can take away whatever you want from these. Yes, I did write them based on different ways I was feeling, and they have meaning for me, but I'd love to know what they mean to you, as you regularly comment.

Lastly, I'm genuinely grateful to anyone who reads this blog and let's me know, after that, what you take away from the blog is up to you :D

Anonymous said...

cornball.