Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sun Struck

The blinds are opened

And the sun comes in

It sits on the floor

Until I’m ready to begin

It traces the room

Until all is seen

It helps me understand

What it is that they mean


The window is opened

And a breeze comes in

It chases my hair

As I sit within

It dances and plays

With all the small things

It helps me understand

Why my soul sings


The screen is torn

And I escape for my room

The sun is now mine

And we mock my old tomb

I float on the breeze

As it pushes me on

It helps me understand

Why they’re all gone


The land is falling

And I retreat to the air

It all gets swallowed up

And I forget to care

The darkness is my landmark

The stars are my friends

They help me understand

Why I can’t make amends


The land is reforming

The sun and the breeze

Are setting me back down

With the greatest of ease

The window is closing

But no need to fear

I finally understand

That you’ve always been right here…

No comments: