Saturday, October 03, 2009

A Happier Thing?

So here’s the story:

I’ve been trying to write

The ideas come in the day

And they linger in the night


I found time when I wasn’t

Predisposed with the world

Bogged down by textbooks

Or captivated by that girl


The only problem is

They’re a bit too depressing

And just once I wanted

A nicer song to sing


So… Once upon a time

There was a man of great distinction

He had an ability to rhyme

But wavered in his convictions


He lived life high above

With his head in the sky

He had never been in love

But he was willing to try


Then one day he did gaze

With his view from up there

A girl with a beautiful face

Than any he could compare


Entranced by her beauty

Gold locks and green eyes

Forgot that which was duty

Now met by surprise


And he began to fall

“Timber!!” called a boy from the land

But the man couldn’t hear the call

And no one caught him with their hands


The man didn’t know what to do

And everything went dim

After time the man came to

Seeing green eyes on him


She held him there at peace

Company for a fall from above

His racing heart would not cease

And he knew it must be love


And they lived happily ever after

Or something to that extent

See, I can write happier things

So don’t think that I can’t


To be honest, I don’t really care

How depressing my rhymes may be

I just wanted to prove a point:

That all of this is a part of me.


So you can worry that I’m depressed

Or you can take it all in stride

Just don’t blame me for the fact

That I have nothing to hide.

No comments: