Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Another Day

And they think I can’t hear

The words that they say

But they come across quite clear

And it’s just another day


They talk all hushed

And they try to hide their stares

They think that I don’t know

But I’m completely aware


I catch their eyes

And I shake my head

I’ve already heard them all

No originality in what they said


But I just go about my business

Nothing I haven’t experienced

They marvel, like they’re the first

But there isn’t a comment that I’ve missed


And I can guess their questioning

I’m about three steps ahead

Still they walk up shy and ask

Because they know not where they tread


And it begins again…


How tall are you?

Do you get that a lot?

Do you play basketball?

Why the hell not?

How tall is your dad?

How tall is your mom?

Are you still growing?

Or are you almost done?


It would appear that you’ve caught me

On a very good day

And I’ll answer your questions, but first…



…Go away…

No comments: