Sunday, October 18, 2009

Waiting

Follow me around
And let me lead you astray
Let's just run from it all
And maybe come back one day

Take my hand and ask me sweetly
Where exactly we are going
And I'll reply so softly
That there's no way of knowing

But then it doesn't really matter
And I've always kind of known
That so long as I'm with you
I know that I am not alone

Then you take off from here in a sprint
And I'll just watch you go
Waiting patiently for your return
I know you'll come back... I know

But you lose yourself out there
And you fly away from me
But I'll wait because I know
You're just trying to be free

But then you don't return
And I'm at a loss for language
I just sit and watch the horizon
For what seems like ages

Longing for the day
That you appear in front of me
Longing for the day
That you want to be with me

And I'll wait here and watch
Because I have nowhere else to be
And I'll wait here and think
Of that face I long to see

And though the years may pass
They will never know
How I've secretly longed for more
And the pain I'll never show

And I'll just wait a little longer
Because that's what true love does?
And if you never come back to me
Then I guess that's how it goes

And while my heart will be broken
Time and time again
I'll wait a little longer
And I'll try to bare the pain

You can pass me off as naive
Or as a man who's lost his head
But I'll sit here and wait
Hoping you haven't been misled

They may say I'm losing focus
But I've just lost what's worth focusing on
Call me crazy because I'm still hoping
That you'll come back when all is said and done

...And I find it hard that life goes on...And I find it hard that no one cares...And I find it hard that I'm impatient...And I find it hard that you're not here...And I find it hard to understand...And I find it hard to just go on...And I find it hard to just give up...And I find it hard to just move on...















And even if you did come back
I can't say that I'd be here
And even if you loved me back
I can't say I'd love you dear

I can't do this anymore
I can't sit while time goes on
Leave me here in my sad state
Leave me here, I think I'm done...

No comments: