Thursday, February 03, 2011

Delusional Music

One of these days I’ll listen away
Listlessly wade through the passing days
Clear some room and please make way
As I fall completely into dismay

One of these days the music will take me
Draw me in loudly; then quietly break me
Deafen me softly and swiftly unmake me
All while repeating its chorus so sweetly

One of these days I’ll disappear into sound
Lost in a time with no beat to be found
Drifting away, never coming back to ground
Change my signature in a bar where I’m no longer around

One of these days the tempo will flow
Dance with me madly; and never let go
Pick up speed and then leave me in the throes
Of something far beyond allegrissimo

One of these days I’ll never return
I’ll listen myself away and maybe I’ll learn
That the music of this world isn’t mine to discern
The track’s stuck on repeat until we’re all ready to adjourn…

No comments: